Property Insurance Claims Group
The Property Insurance Claims Group (PICG) provides a
representative forum which allows, where appropriate, discussion of common
issues and concerns within the property market. The group meets monthly and
reports directly to the LMA Claims Committee (LMACC). The Chair of the group is Nigel Campbell (Cincinnati),
the Deputy Chair is Martin Thomas (Brit). View the list of current committee members.
Role of the group
The role of the group is to:
- Take the lead to identify and investigate property related issues with an objective of producing solutions for the benefit of this market and the market in general
- Initiate projects or sub-groups, where appropriate, to address specific issues
- Advise and provide feedback to the LMACC where property issues have a wider impact on the market.
Current work programme
The current work programme includes:
- Understanding the availability of new technology which can be considered for market processes within this CoB as part of the Future at Lloyd’s programme.
- Creation of a business specific Learning & Development Programme which would primarily identify the gaps in educational requirements for claims practitioners in the Property market.
- Liaison with expert firms and the broking community to manage the relationships between the D&F market members and the various expert parties.
- Offering young professionals, a week long secondee programme with the market’s main US loss adjusting firms to offer an insight into on the ground adjusting & training.
- The PICG Claims Conference has been arranged for 11th May 2022. Please visit the website for more information. http://www.picgconference.com/