Personal Accident Claims Committee
The Personal Accident Claims Committee (PACC) was set up in mid 2012 and provides a forum for discussion of common issues and concerns in the PA market. There are six scheduled meetings per year and the group reports directly to the LMACC. The Chair of the Committee is Sarah Nicholls of Chubb, the deputy Chair is Katherine Proctor of Talbot.
Role of the Group
- Take the lead to identify and investigate personal accident related issues with an objective of producing solutions for the benefit of this market and the market in general
- Initiate projects or sub groups where appropriate to address specific issues
- Advise and provide feedback to the LMA Claims Committee where personal accident issues have a wider implication to the market.
- Medicare - investigating scenarios within this business class that may be reportable as a medicare claim
- FOS Adjudications - monitoring consistency of FOS adjudications to assist the PA market in their understanding and future decisions
- Fraud - investigating solutions to enable the market to work together in combating potentially fraudulent claims.