Property Insurance Claims Group
The Property Insurance Claims Group (PICG) provides a representative forum which allows, where appropriate, discussion of common issues and concerns within the property market. The group meets monthly and reports directly to the LMA Claims Committee (LMACC). The Chair of the group is Stuart Wright (Ascot), the Deputy Chair is Tobin Ryan (Tokio Marine Kiln). View the list of current committee members.
Role of the group
The role of the group is to:
- take the lead to identify and investigate property related issues with an objective of producing solutions for the benefit of this market and the market in general
- initiate projects or sub-groups, where appropriate, to address specific issues
- advise and provide feedback to the LMACC where property issues have a wider impact on the market.
Current work programme
The current work programme includes:
- Secondee Programme with the three main property loss adjusters has been instigated and will commence 12th January 2015.
- 12 young Lloyd's claims adjusters will visit the offices of three loss adjusting firms for a two week educational trip
- annual meetings with the top five loss adjusters have been established for 2014 and will continue throughout 2015
- a model Terms of Engagement (TOE) for loss adjusters has been agreed by the market leaders and is being shared with all key adjusters.
- a model Assured Confidential Agreement has been agreed with Marsh, Aon and Willis. It will now be widely applied
- a Claims Reporting Suites (CRS) monthly pack is being produced for monthly review.
- The PICG Claims Conference has been arranged for 11th May 2016. Please visit the website for more information. http://www.picgconference.com/