Reinsurance Claims Group (RCG)
The Reinsurance Claims Group (RCG) was set up in 2021 and provides a representative forum which allows, where appropriate, discussion of common issues and concerns within the reinsurance market. The group meets quarterly and reports directly to the LMA Claims Committee. The chair of the group is Sam Drysdale, Nephila, the deputy chair is Iain Reynolds, Liberty.
Role of the Group
Primarily, the role of the group is to:
- provide leadership to reinsurers on cross class reinsurance matters in support of the LMACC & the appropriate underwriting panels
- take the lead to identify and investigate related issues with an objective of producing solutions for the benefit of customers, the reinsurance market and the market in general
- advise and provide feedback to the LMA Claims Committee (LMACC) where claims issues relating to the reinsurance market have a wider implication to the market
- initiate project or sub-groups where appropriate to address specific issues.
- Engage on Future @ Lloyd’s workstreams, the Lloyd’s lab and other market initiatives to promote and represent the reinsurance market
- Facilitate thought leadership and educational output for the reinsurance claims community & engage with young professionals and promote reinsurance claims as a career path
- Assessing legal issues and judgements and their effect within the reinsurance market.
- CAT response management.