Renewable Energy Sub-Committee
The sub-committee represents and promotes the interests of the writers of Renewable Energy business within the London market. It was created in 2013 and has a worldwide territorial remit. Its scope is construction and operational renewable power (business classified by Lloyd's as 'PG' ) and associated business. Click here for a list of current Panel members and the Business Panel Terms of Reference .
Role of the panel
Broadly the role of the Renewable Energy Sub-Committee is to:
- identify issues considered to be of interest or concern to market practitioners, for discussion within the Committee and/or referral as appropriate to the relevant LMA Committee and/or the LMA Executive
- respond to requests from the Non-Marine Committee (NMC), The Joint Power Generation Committee, the LMA Executive and other LMA Committees and Groups for advice and recommendations on issues
- liaise with the NMC to develop or revise policy wordings or clauses for adoption as LMA & IUA accredited wordings, establishing working groups as necessary to undertake this work
- liaise with the NMC & IUA Non-Marine Technical Committee to undertake other technical activities, establishing working groups as necessary
- provide a forum for exchange of views and information between market practitioners.
Items under discussion
- Microcracking Endorsements: drafting model endorsements to assist management of microcracking in solar PV panels.
- Series Loss clauses: drafting a suite of model SLCs.
- Wildfires: reviewing Best Practise Management to to assist insureds with loss prevention and risk mitigation.