Livestock Business Panel
Membership of this panel is made up of Underwriters and technical practitioners from LMA Member organisations. Membership will be in accordance with the panel's standard Terms of Reference and will be a neutral function administered by the LMA Secretariat. The Livestock Business Panel meets every month. Click here for the Business Panel Terms of Reference.
The following issues are currently being considered by the Livestock Business Panel:
- Review of Bloodstock/Livestock consumer policy wordings
- Coronavirus/communicable disease/pandemic exposures
- Monitoring of Equine Diseases and relevant research
- Veterinary Liaison meeting
- Online Vet services
- Equine welfare.
Role of the Panel
- Identify issues considered to be of interest or concern to LMA Members, for discussion within the Panel and/or referral as appropriate to the relevant LMA Standing Committee and/or the LMA Secretarial
- Respond to requests from the Non-Marine Committee, the LMA Secretariat and other LMA Committees and Groups for advice and recommendations on issues
- Liaise with the NMC to develop or revise policy wordings or clauses for adoption as LMA accredited wordings, establishing working groups as necessary to undertake this work in liaison with the NMC, to undertake other technical activities, establishing working groups as necessary to undertake this work
- Provide a forum for exchange of views and information between market practitioners.
The Livestock Business Panel issues wordings and clauses from time to time which are available for market use. The most popular wordings issued are listed below: