27 March 2018
Froese elected to LMA Aviation Committee
Dirk Froese, Head of Aviation at Beazley had been elected to the Lloyd's Market Association’s (LMA) Aviation Committee following a recent ballot at Lloyd’s.
In addition, Peter Wakefield, Head of Aviation at Chaucer and Christopher Collins, Head of Aviation at Talbot, have been re-elected and all three will serve a term of four years. Paul Maguire, Head of Aviation at Faraday, will continue as Committee Chairman.
The Aviation Committee provides a forum for aviation and aerospace underwriters at Lloyd’s and acts as the representative voice of the Lloyd’s aviation market to a variety of stakeholders, including overseas authorities.
Priorities for the year ahead include continuing to engage with the market in relation to narrowing cyber risk knowledge gaps and gaining a better understanding of how new technology such as drones/unmanned aerial vehicles will integrate into the aviation market’s existing frameworks.
James Straker-Nesbit, Senior Executive, LMA said: "I am pleased to welcome Dirk Froese to the committee. He joins a number of highly knowledgeable and experienced senior market practitioners, whose combined expertise continues to be an invaluable asset.
- ENDS –
Notes to Editors
LMA Aviation Committee Members (from 2018):
- Paul Maguire, Faraday Underwriting Limited, (Chairman)
- James Straker-Nesbit, LMA (Committee Secretary)
- James Weigall, Atrium Underwriters Limited
- Simon Herring, Beaufort Underwriting Agency Limited
- Dirk Froese, Beazley Furlonge Limited
- Dan Boultwood, Brit Syndicates Limited
- Daniel Warburg, Cathedral Underwriting Limited
- Peter Wakefield, Chaucer Syndicates Limited
- John Wadhams, Chubb Managing Agent Limited
- Ian Keegan, Endurance at Lloyd's Limited
- Andrew Hartley, Novae Syndicates Limited
- Christopher Collins, Talbot Underwriting Limited
- Angus Roberts, W R Berkley Syndicate Management Limited
For further information please contact:
James Milne, Head of Communications
Lloyd’s Market Association
T 020 7327 8405
About the Lloyd’s Market Association (LMA)
Formed in 2001 and located in the heart of the Lloyd’s Building in the City of London, the Lloyd's Market Association represents the interests of the Lloyd’s underwriting community. All underwriting businesses at Lloyd’s are members, together managing gross premium income of around £32billion per annum.