14 April 2016
LMA Board election sees six candidates for four vacancies
The Lloyd’s market will this month vote for four new members of the Lloyd’s Market Association’s governing body in what will be LMA’s second competitive election since 2012.
Six candidates are standing for four seats on the LMA Board, with the result due to be announced at the LMA’s Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 18 May. The ballot closes at 5pm on Thursday 5 May.
The six candidates are:
- Jonathan Butcher, Chief Executive, Novae Syndicates Ltd
- David Croom-Johnson, Managing Director, AEGIS London
- James Dover, Group Chief Financial Officer, Tokio Marine Kiln Syndicates
- Lawrence Holder, Managing Director, Cathedral Underwriting
- Andrew McKee, Chief Executive Officer, Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Underwriting at Lloyd’s
- Johan Slabbert, Chief Executive Officer, Chaucer Syndicates
David Gittings, the LMA’s Chief Executive, said: “Once again, it is very pleasing to see so many senior candidates wanting to serve on the LMA Board. With six candidates for four seats, we anticipate considerable interest from our membership and a high level of participation in the ballot.”
The LMA Board has 12 elected members. Elections take place each year when one third of the elected members stand down.
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors
For further information please contact:
James Milne, Communications Manager
Lloyd’s Market Association
T 0207 327 8405
T 020 7623 2368
About the Lloyd’s Market Association (LMA)
Formed in 2001 and located in the heart of the Lloyd’s Building in the City of London, the Lloyd's Market Association represents the interests of the Lloyd’s underwriting community. All underwriting businesses at Lloyd’s are members, together managing gross premium income of around £27billion per annum.