07 April 2015
LMA Board election sees eight candidates for six vacancies
The Lloyd’s market will this month vote for six new members of the Lloyd’s Market Association’s governing body in what will be LMA’s first competitive election since 2012.
Eight candidates are standing for six seats on the LMA Board, with the result due to be announced at the LMA’s Annual General Meeting on 12 May. Voting begins on Tuesday 7 April and the ballot closes at 5pm on Thursday 30 April.
The eight candidates are:
- Andrew Brooks, CEO, Ascot Underwriting
- Stephen Eccles, Active Underwriter, Travelers Syndicate Management
- Richard Harries, CEO, Atrium Underwriters
- Andrew McKee, CEO, Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Underwriting at Lloyd’s
- Andrew McMellin, CEO, Catlin UK
- Ian Parker, CEO, ERS Syndicate Management
- Matthew Shaw, Active Underwriter, ACE Underwriting Agencies
- Michael Watson, CEO, Canopius Managing Agents
David Gittings, the LMA’s Chief Executive, said: “It is gratifying to see so many senior candidates wanting to serve on the LMA Board. With eight candidates for six seats, we anticipate a lot of interest from our membership and a high level of participation.”
The LMA Board has 12 elected members. Elections take place each year when one third of the elected members stand down.
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors
For further information please contact:
James Milne, Communications Manager
Lloyd’s Market Association
T 0207 327 8405
T 020 7623 2368
About the Lloyd’s Market Association (LMA)
Formed in 2001 and located in the heart of the Lloyd’s Building in the City of London, the Lloyd's Market Association represents the interests of the Lloyd’s underwriting community. All underwriting businesses at Lloyd’s are members, together managing gross premium income of around £26 billion per annum.
For more information visit: www.lmalloyds.com