14 December 2015
2015 is biggest ever year for LMA Academy
With almost 7,000 insurance professionals having taken part in events organised by the LMA Academy since January, 2015 is set to be the biggest ever year for the Lloyd’s Market Association’s (LMA) training and development team.
The Academy ran 50 events during the last 12 months with overall attendance up 46% on 2014. It’s programmes achieved 100% attendance and sold out in record time.
Charlotte Myers, Director of the LMA Academy & Market Talent Development said: “We’re delighted with the way in which our programmes are being embraced by the market. We spend a lot of time consulting with market professionals on their training and development needs so that we can meet their requirements.
Interestingly, we’re also seeing an increase in the number of requests from brokers to attend Academy programmes. Our plan is to invite them to attend more sessions in 2016, where possible, which will help to accommodate their learning needs as well as developing a market network with their peer group.”
Bob Stuchbery, Chairman of the LMA Academy Committee and President of International Operations for The Hanover Group, said: “The Lloyd’s market is working hard to maintain its position at the heart of the global specialist insurance market and part of that effort is being directed towards fostering skills and knowledge in our people. We’re now seeing increasing demand from the Lloyd’s market for technical training, to which the LMA Academy is responding. I’ve no doubt that top quality training, like that provided by the LMA Academy, is going to be pivotal in our market’s continuing success.”
For 2016, the Academy will be offering a number of new initiatives developed with Lloyd’s managing agents including:
- Introduction to Regulation workshop for non-compliance staff.
- Board Ready Programme: a training programme for staff joining company boards.
- US Tour to California and Texas aimed at young claims professionals from managing agents and broking companies. This will offer delegates the opportunity to develop their practical knowledge of the US litigation process and gain an appreciation of complex claims management in key Lloyd’s trading territories.
- Seminar on the business case for climate change run in conjunction with the Corporation of Lloyd’s and University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership.
- The very popular week-long Inspirational Leadership Programme for future leaders, which will be run in conjunction with Saïd Business School (part of the University of Oxford).
To find out more about training and development offered by the LMA Academy, visit www.lmalloyds.com/academy.
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors
For further information please contact:
James Milne, Communications Manager
Lloyd’s Market Association
T 0207 327 8405
T 020 7623 2368
About the Lloyd’s Market Association (LMA)
Formed in 2001 and located in the heart of the Lloyd’s Building in the City of London, the Lloyd's Market Association represents the interests of the Lloyd’s underwriting community. All underwriting businesses at Lloyd’s are members, together managing gross premium income of around £26 billion per annum.