Membership of the Aviation Committee is through election. Three members of the Committee stand down annually by rotation and an election is held between 15th December and 15th January.
The Number of Committee members is determined as 12 but is subject to review from time to time by the existing Committee currently in office. The Committee has the authority to co-opt other members at its discretion.
The role of this committee is to:
- provide a representative forum for aviation and aerospace underwriters in LMA member firms to discuss common issues or concerns promote the best principles and practice of aviation and aerospace insurance and reinsurance
- advise the Board and the UCC on matters affecting the aviation sector and to promote the views and needs of the sector within Lloyd’s and beyond
- support and co-ordinate Lloyd’s aviation representatives on London Market joint committees and other bodies or organizations in the UK or overseas
- guide the Board and secretariat in the LMA’s provision of advice, information and technical services to the aviation underwriting and claims community.
- In fulfilling its objectives the Aviation Committee may appoint, maintain and oversee sub-committees or working parties to consider specific matters.