Nuclear Exclusion Clauses for Reinsurance - amended Limited Radioactive Contamination Exclusion Clause
In conjunction with the IUA, the LMA recently published (see LMA Bulletin LMA12-024-AC) a suite of model Reinsurance (Treaty) clauses, these being various Radioactive Contamination and Nuclear Risk Exclusions, which were made available on the Lloyd’s Wordings Repository (LWR).
- LMA5198 Radioactive Contamination Exclusion Clause
- LMA5199 Limited Radioactive Contamination Exclusion Clause
- LMA5200 Nuclear Risk Exclusion Clause (Casualty Reinsurance)
- LMA5201 Nuclear Risk and Nuclear Material Exclusion Clause (Property Reinsurance)
- LMA5202 Nuclear Risk Exclusion Clause (Property Reinsurance)
- LMA5203 Limited Nuclear Risk Exclusion Clause (Property Reinsurance)
It has been brought to our attention that LMA5199 made reference to "Nuclear Risk" as a defined term, but that the definition had been omitted from the clause itself. A replacement clause LMA5199A has therefore been produced to replace LMA5199, which will be withdrawn accordingly:
All of these clauses are purely illustrative and distributed for the guidance of members, who may agree different conditions.
Any queries on the above should be addressed to Alison Colver at the LMA on 0207 327 8370 or by email at email@example.com
Senior Technical Executive – Underwriting