For attention of:
CEOs, Managing Directors, Underwriting Directors and Staff, Claims Directors and Staff, In-house Legal Staff.
Living with US Litigation Seminar
Saturday 19 May - Friday 25 May 2012, New York.
LMA Full Members are invited to apply for the 25 places that are available on the 40% funded “Living with US Litigation” Seminar in May. This event is being held for the fifth time and is being run by the LMA in conjunction with American attorneys, Wilson Elser, and the Katie School of Insurance & Financial Services, under the banner of the LMA Lloyd’s Market Academy. Details of this popular seminar event are as follows:
Dates: Saturday 19 May to Friday 25 May
Accommodation: Grand Hyatt New York Hotel, Park Avenue at Grand Central Terminal, 109 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017 United States
Key features: Please see the attached Outline.
All tuition fees and transportation costs in New York, together with accommodation costs at The Grand Hyatt Hotel and those relating to formal meals and social events, will be 40% funded by the LMA from its Training & Education Trust Fund. Accordingly, the cost of the seminar, excluding air fares, will be £1,500 payable to the LMA on selection.
- Maximum of 2 applications per LMA Full Member firm, including those who are participating in the Corporation of Lloyd’s Claims Market Practitioner Programme.
- Applicants should, ideally, hold, or be working towards, a professional qualification or be able to demonstrate a degree of experience in this field.
- Applicants should have at least 5 years’ experience in the Lloyd’s Market or the insurance business community.
- Applicants should be involved in underwriting or handling claims related to USA risks or be employed as in-house legal staff by managing agents.
- Applicants should supply full details of their name, job title, company address, sponsor confirmation and e-mail on the attached form.
- Applicants should supply a written application, of up to 250 words, on the attached form, explaining why they think that they and their managing agency will benefit from this seminar. This application should also offer some indication as to why the candidates believe that they will be able to contribute positively to the seminar.
Written applications should be addressed to Terry Hayday at the LMA (by mail or e-mail) by no later than Thursday 12 April.
Places will be allocated to suitable candidates as soon as they are received and assessed for suitability and all successful applicants will be advised immediately after the closing date and invited to a preparatory, plenary session at the LMA on Tuesday 24 April.
I would strongly urge you to reply as soon as possible if you wish to sponsor a candidate as current indications are that this seminar will be a very popular event.
We now look forward to receiving applications from LMA Full Members before the specified deadline, but should you require any further information we will be happy to provide additional details on request.
Head of Professional Standards
T: 020 7327 8384