← Return to all programmes
Maximising Value in a Lloyd’s Business Programme
04 September - 26 November 2019
Delegates will likely be the alumni of the Syndicate Business Plan programme and/or have a Dip/ACII (or equivalent professional qualification) and be applying that knowledge through business experience.
They will be in a senior management or professional technical role where success relies on working across wider business functions and commercial responsibilities within a syndicate.
They will be in – or close to - a pre-board/EXCO/SLT role and will be supporting the Board through preparing papers and presentations to enable Board decision making.
Date: 04 September - 26 November 2019
Programme: Six learning modules and an intensive business simulation involving business planning, three written/verbal presentations to expert panels of judges and extracurricular coaching.
Location: various locations in the Lloyd's building.
Fee: £3,000 + VAT
Download programme brochure
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
This is an advanced programme aimed at the leaders of tomorrow, who need to master profit and value creation across the syndicate and managing agent. This is a demanding, highly practical and interactive programme that introduces delegates to the nature of executive business management with a longer term approach to driving success within a Lloyd’s business.
- exploring and analysing the business models of a Lloyd’s managing agent and a syndicate
- using the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) as a strategic compass to guide critical business decisions
- optimising capital management
- identifying the cost base and managing its components
- developing an investment strategy and relating it back to the underlying business strategy
- demonstrating effective corporate governance
- exploring the competitive opportunities and risks presented by innovation
- understanding the drivers of value in a Lloyd’s business
- preparing and delivering Board level papers and presentations
- developing the skills of individual, continuous reflective learning.
The faculty includes John Constable and Jonathan Besso-Cowan from Searchlight Insurance Training who will work with the delegates throughout the programme; Professor Julian Birkinshaw from London Business School; Markus Gesmann from Lockton Re and Quentin Moore from Vario Partners; Judy Delaforce from BP&E Global.
Additional expert speakers and judges are drawn from within Lloyd’s, the market and the PRA.
There are 20 places on the programme and it is on an application selection basis only.
The application process for 2019 has now closed.
This programme qualifies for 39 CII CPD hours. It requires a significant time commitment, especially during the business simulation.