← Return to all programmes
Negotiation Skills For Underwriters
30 April 2019
This one-day foundation programme is designed for underwriters looking to build rewarding, long-term relationships with brokers.
Date: 30 April 2019
Programme: One full-day session, 09.30 - 17.00
Location: LMA Presentation Room, Gallery 4, Lloyd’s, London EC3M 7DQ
Fee: £500 + VAT
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
When you like and trust someone, you are happy to do business with them. Yes? Strange, then, that learning to project likeability, and to develop trust, has been largely ignored in the corporate world.
The knee-jerk response would be, ‘But can you really teach these things?’ The answer is yes – provided you learn from a hostage negotiator. The skill of the former at establishing likeability and trust through elite level listening has saved lives. The talent of the latter at building a value proposition into every negotiation is a deal sealer.
Attendees will learn how to:
- listen like a hostage negotiator
- uncover secrets that others are unaware they have revealed
- interpret the true significance of what is being said
- identify a broker’s values, beliefs and currencies
- develop likeability and build trust
- test a hypothesis without offending the other person
- follow the stages and sequence of a successful negotiation
- position your value with brokers
- successfully negotiate a course of action with them.
This is an interactive, practical programme that will equip you with top-flight negotiation skills that you can use immediately.
The programme is jointly run by hostage negotiator Richard Mullender from Mullenders.
There are 20 places available on this programme. Spaces will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, with one place per managing agent (unless further spaces are available once the deadline has passed).
This programme qualifies for 7 CPD hours.