← Return to all events
Texas Hail update
Tuesday 08 October 2019
Event: 09.30 - 11.00
Venue: Old Library, Lloyd's, London EC3M 7HA
This masterclass is suitable for anyone with an interest in property claims.
Weather related claims remains the hot topic in the Texas insurance claims community. Zelle LLP attorney Steven Badger returns to provide his annual informative and entertaining 'What The Hail Is Going On?' update on all the current issues arising in these matters.
This year Steven will discuss:
- recent Texas Supreme Court decisions significantly impacting the Texas appraisal process
- new legislation involving the waiving of deductibles, assignments of benefits, and unauthorised practice of public adjusting
- responding to the latest fraud schemes and other common claim abuses
- other frequently arising issues
- concurrent causation, determining date of loss, estimates vs. bids, and many others.
This masterclass will educate property insurance claims professionals on issues of current interest commonly arising in these claims, as well as resulting appraisal and litigation.
Steven J. Badger, Attorney at Law, Zelle LLP, Texas
This masterclass qualifies for 1.5 CPD hours.