← Return to all events
LMA Academy Online Technical Soundbite
The Lloyd's and London insurance market
Monday 12 October 2020, 10.00 - 10.45
Virtual learning workshop, via Zoom
'Join Zoom meeting’ details will be emailed to those who have registered and secured a place, 24 hours prior to the event.
This soundbite is an ideal introduction to the Lloyd’s and London market for newly starting and early career underwriting, claims and operations staff who have been working in the London market for less than 18 months.
About the Technical Soundbite
Understanding how the Lloyd’s and London Insurance market works is crucial to people building knowledge in the early stages of their career. This soundbite will also be highly relevant to staff who are starting to study for CII Certificate level modules especially LM1 and LM2.
Attending this soundbite will help delegates understand and gain an overview of:
- the London insurance and reinsurance market with particular reference to Lloyd’s
- the importance of the London insurance and reinsurance market to the UK economy
- organisations which transact business in the Company market or Lloyd’s market (and some which operate in both)
- the traditional focus on ‘face-to-face’ placing of risk in London and overview of electronic risk placing
- the role of the insurance/reinsurance broker in placing cover for clients.
The 30 available places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Linda Prewett is an independent insurance trainer. She worked as a property underwriter for 12 years and now runs her own consultancy business, which provides a range of training courses to the LMA, Corporation of Lloyd’s, Lloyd’s managing agents, insurance companies and London market brokers.