← Return to all events
Climate change: insurance and reinsurance
Thursday 23 May 2019
Event: 15.00 - 16.30
Venue: Old Library, Lloyd's, London EC3M 7DQ
Underwriters and claims staff wishing to gain a better understanding of climate change in the context of insurance and reinsurance.
This masterclass will consider the impact of climate change on insurance and reinsurance. Speakers will review historical and current climate change litigation and consider emerging exposures.
The masterclass will:
- review active US and foreign climate change litigation
- discuss specific business line risks
- comment on the use of event attribution science
- consider lessons learned from past long tail liability exposures (MTBE, asbestos)
- outline subrogation and recovery opportunities
- review wording suggestions and new business line opportunities.
Attendees will gain a better understanding of climate change in the context of insurance, which will be useful in anticipating and mitigating emerging exposures, improving wordings, and developing new products.
This masterclass qualifies for 1.5 CII CPD hours.