Marine Claims Group
The LMA Marine Claims Group (LMAMCG) was set up at the beginning of 2010 and provides a representative forum which allows, where appropriate, discussion of common issues and concerns within the Lloyd's marine market. The LMAMCG also works in conjunction with the Joint Marine Claims Committee. The LMA arranges meetings throughout the year and the Group reports directly to the LMA Claims Committee.
The chair of the group is James Short of Ascot, the deputy Chair is Paul Crockford of Atrium.
Role of the Group
Primarily, the role of the group is to:
- take the lead to identify and investigate marine related issues with an objective of producing solutions for the benefit of this market and the market in general
- initiate project or sub-groups where appropriate to address specific issues
- advise and provide feedback to the LMA Claims Committee where marine issues have a wider implication to the market.
- Standard TOE
- Expert Management including Fee Reserving
- Piracy and related issues
- Claims Transformation Programme
- Liasing with the JMCC.