Joint Energy Claims Group (JECG)
The Joint Energy Claims Group (JECG) draws its membership from both the Lloyd's and Company markets, so both LMA and IUA members writing energy business are eligible for membership. Current Co-Chairs are Paul Stratton (Munich Re) and Nick Drury (Berkley). The committee is currently meeting on a monthly basis.
Role of the group
The primary role of the group is to:
- take the lead to identify and investigate energy related issues with an objective of producing solutions for the benefit of this market and the market in general
- initiate projects or sub-groups, where appropriate, to address specific issues
- advise and provide feedback to the LMACC where energy issues have a wider impact on the market.
Creation of Terms of Engagement for lawyers:
- assist with the review of various clauses. Currently EED 8/86 is being considered following consultation with the market
- facilitate thought leadership and educational output for the energy claims community & engage with young professionals and promote energy claims as a career path
- understanding the availability of new technology which can be considered for market processes within this CoB as part of the Future at Lloyd’s programme.