Job Vacancy: Communications Executive
Excellent salary and benefits package + discretionary annual bonus
Closing date for CV submissions: Friday 03 August 2018
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the LMA’s busy communications team. Working in the centre of the vibrant Lloyd’s of London insurance market, the successful candidate will have a passion for communications and possess excellent written skills, an eye for detail and creativity.
This extremely varied role will include developing engaging online/digital content, creating marketing collateral for LMA’s educational and networking events, leading on social media strategy and the production of publications and market newsletters.
- Work with the Head of Communications to develop and implement strategies to communicate LMA’s activities to its members. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Drafting and designing communications such as market bulletins and event invitations.
- Managing and delivering the LMA’s social media strategy.
- Responsibility for producing the LMA's twice-yearly newsletter, Viewpoint.
- Identifying and implementing initiatives to engage young professionals in the market and to ensure that they benefit from LMA’s activities, including producing the Connections newsletter and organising the annual Meet the Committee Fair.
- Assisting LMA technical teams to tailor key written messages and ensure that those messages reach audiences effectively.
- Recording and reporting performance metrics for communications channels.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the LMA web site working with LMA staff to ensure website content is current, informative, concise and promoted more widely to members.
- Assisting with the distribution of information to members (electronic and hard copy), creating targeted communication campaigns to ensure members receive relevant information.
- Identifying opportunities to initiate new LMA projects to the advantage of LMA’s membership and, where appropriate, lead and drive such projects.
- Working with the LMA Academy to create marketing materials to promote their educational programmes.
- Building good working relationships with LMA staff, Lloyd’s, market associations, communications peers and other key stakeholders.
- Keeping up to date with new channels and technology relating to communications.
- Responding to LMA member (and other relevant) enquiries/requests for assistance in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintaining current knowledge of initiatives and developments within the LMA, Lloyd’s, and other key areas of the market.
- Contributing towards a culture of teamwork and shared communication both internally and externally.
- Proven experience in a communications or marketing role.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), and the ability to present ideas clearly, concisely and with confidence.
- Knowledge of the main written and digital communications channels.
- Marketing/comms-related degree or diploma (e.g. CIM, CAM or CIPR).
- Previous experience of working in financial/ insurance sector, ideally gained within the London insurance market.
- Familiarity with e-marketing, website and design/publishing software.
Please send your up-to-date CV to email@example.com if you would like to be considered for this role.
No recruitment agencies please. CVs sent on a speculative basis by supplier do not equate to an agency introduction and/or ownership of candidates.