← Return to all programmes
How to read Financial Statements Foundation Programme
04 November 2019
This one-day programme has been developed for those who need to look at the financial statements of Insured Risks, D&O Covers, Losses, Suppliers and Credit Insurance - simply developing the ability to look at a set of financial statements and drawing sensible conclusions about the entity’s financial health.
Date: 04 November 2019
Programme: One full-day session, 09.30 - 17.00
Location: LMA Presentation Room, Gallery 4, Lloyd’s, London EC3M 7DQ
Fee: £350 + VAT
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Being able to interpret financial information is one of the most important technical skills to have, regardless of sector and role. This programme will help attendees to gain a fundamental understanding of the financial performance of an account and make informed judgement on its profitability and sustainability.
Delegates will learn about:
- accounting and scorekeeping fundamentals, including roles and responsibilities, frameworks and regulations, generally accepted accountancy practices and the mindset of scorekeepers
- general tools to analyse business performance and profitability, such as simplest ratios and specific ratios
- revenue growth, profit margins, one-off items, interest cover, effective tax rate, earnings per share, dividend cover
- long-term assets (tangible and intangible), working capital (stock debtors and cash, less creditors), asset velocity return on capital employed/net assets/investment, gearing and liquidity, liabilities long and short, equity and reserves
- how to review the relative financial performance – examining up-to-date comparative financial performance studies and reviewing industry accepted performance measures and norms
- audit reports and what to look for, different investment types and taxation matters.
This course will help delegates to understand the fundamentals of finance through theory, practical case studies and examples of well-respected global businesses.
This programme is run by Stephen Brookson, Stephen Brookson Limited.
If you would like to receive full information of the 2019 programme when it's available, please register your interest online.
This programme qualifies for 7 CII CPD hours.