← Return to all events
The life-cycle of a cyber breach
Thursday 28 February 2019
Event: 09.00 - 10.00
Venue: Old Library, Lloyd's, London EC3M 7HA
Anyone with an interest with cyber insurance.
A presentation from CMS will examine some of the key claims issues that arise following a cyber attack. Drawing on their experience of working on UK and international breaches, CMS will provide practical advice on dealing with a breach, including notifications to regulators and data subjects, as well as defending any follow-on claims that may arise.
This event will cover the ‘life-cycle’ of a breach incident, including:
- initial breach response procedure, IT forensic investigation and mitigation
- ongoing legal and regulatory implications in the UK and internationally
- mid to long-term commercial risks, including responding to follow-on claims.
This event is aimed at all insurance professionals that are new to this line of business or would like a refresher on first principles. Attendees will:
- develop an understanding of the issues to consider in the context of a cyber attack and data breach, both at the outset and on an ongoing basis
- consider how to mitigate the effects of such incidents, including best practice in crisis management, dealing with regulators and follow-on claims.