Insurance Linked Securities (ILS) - Impact and Opportunities for the Lloyd's Market
Wednesday 31 May 2017
15.00 - 16.30, Old Library, Lloyd's, London EC3M 7HA
The LMA, in conjunction with Vario Partners LLP, would like to invite you to a presentation and panel discussion on the impact and opportunities of Insurance Linked Securities (ILS) for the Lloyd’s market.
As many of you will be aware there is an increasing interest in embracing ILS in the market, and our panel brings together key ILS players to discuss current/future developments and potential opportunities.
Discussion topics will include:
- what is ILS?
- what are the opportunities for ILS in London/UK?
- what changes are being proposed to London regulations to attract ILS to London?
- what is the appetite from investors?
- how do I use ILS to access and protect capital?
- where are the opportunities for Lloyd’s syndicates?
- what role can ILS play in capital and/or cycle management?
The panelists include:
- Lawrence Po-Ba, Investor, Securis Investment Partners
- Rajiv Punja, Underwriter, Arcus Syndicate 1856
- James Slaughter, ILS sponsor, Liberty Mutual
- Des Potter, ILS structuring, Guy Carpenter Securities
- Bryan Joseph, ILS veteran, Vario Partners.
An introduction will be provided by Ken Curtis, LMA and Trevor Maynard, the Corporation of Lloyd's.