← Return to all events
Cannabis Legalisation: A Canadian Marine Perspective
Wednesday 27 March 2019
Event: 16.00 - 17.30, Old Library, Lloyd's, London EC3M 7HA
Networking drinks: 18.30 - 20.00, Tank & Paddle, Minster Court, 3 Mincing Lane, London EC3R 7AA
Anyone with an interest in Canada, the marine cargo business and cannabis legalisation.
ClaimsPro is the Lloyd’s agent for four territories across Canada with the marine head office located in Toronto, Ontario.
The ClaimsPro team will share insights on the latest news, trends and happenings in the Canadian marine environment. In addition, they will cover the anticipated insurance risks and potential exposures following Canada’s recent legislative change that legalised cannabis.
This presentation will discuss the following:
- understanding marine risks and unique transportation issues related to Canadian geography, port/harbour access and weather
- current opportunities in the Canadian insurance market
- overview of the Canadian Marine Regulatory Framework
- Canadian environmental protection considerations in a marine loss
- cannabis in Canada - a claims adjuster perspective
• the Cannabis Act (Bill C-45) and anticipated impacts
- regulatory framework and jurisdictional differences.
Following the presentation, attendees are invited to networking drinks from 18.30 - 20.00 at Tank & Paddle, Minster Court, 3 Mincing Lane, London EC3R 7AA.