← Return to all events
Asia Pacific Update
Thursday 30 May 2019
Event: 14.00 - 15.30
Venue: LMA Presentation Room, Lloyd's, London EC3M 7DQ
CEOs, COOs, CUOs, CROs and Compliance Officers of managing agents represented in Asia Pacific region, particularly in Singapore and Australia.
This event is open to LMA members only.
This event will discuss the market development themes in the Asia pacific region and the plans to enhance the Lloyd’s Asia business model. It will also give an update on the Royal Commission review and the Lloyd’s Scheme trading rights.
Iain Ferguson, Regional Director, Lloyd’s Asia Pacific, Angela Kelly, Country Manager, Singapore, Chris Mackinnon, Country Manager, Australia and Andrew Gurney, Head, International Regulatory Affairs will cover the following topics:
- actions required to maximise retention of Lloyd’s Scheme business
- Lloyd’s proposed actions to provide operating cost flexibility for managing agents on Lloyd’s Asia platform
- the actions that Lloyd’s and/or managing agents will have to take to meet new Australian regulatory standards and expectations
- the potential risks, costs and capital implications associated with the new Australian regulatory standards and expectations
- how managing agents can participate in/collaborate on specific regional growth initiatives.
This will be followed by a Q&A session.