Lead Business Analyst (six month contract)
Reporting to: Head of Claims Operations
The Lead Business Analyst will be responsible for gathering and understanding the business needs of LMA members and the Lloyd's/London market within a strategic programme of work that relates to claims and the London market claims operating model, a model that is being modernised as part of this programme with both tactical and strategic deliverables.
Working together with the LMA, Programme Management, LMA members, IT partners, Lloyd’s and other market associations (including the IUA and LIIBA) the successful candidate will ensure that the key activities within the programme of work are carried out and delivered in alignment with programme timelines, deliverables and dependencies.
Download the full job description.
- Accurately record and translate requirements to support both process and functional delivery. The BA will be required to support a range of workstreams and the programme steering group
- Highlight risks, issues, conflicts and impact, whilst accurately recording and reporting to management and key stakeholders
- Produce and Deliver: Risk and Issues log/s, Workstream Delivery Plan, Project Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases, Proposals & Solutions and relating process maps.
- Develop requirement specifications using standard templates and business language aligning to PRINCE2 methodology
- Analyse and produce data, including trends and themes to inform relevant programme workstreams, steering groups, committees and sponsors
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into detail, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from their true needs
- Elicit requirements from document and data analysis, requirement workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Maintain current knowledge of initiatives and developments within the LMA and wider market, including the Corporation of Lloyd’s and Target Operating Model.
- Drive and challenge on assumptions and requirements to ensure alignment with programme and workstream principles and overarching objectives.
- Contribute towards a culture of teamwork and shared communication both internally and externally.
- Finally, and in addition to the above key requirements, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the LMA may reasonably require.
To apply, please email your CV, together with a covering letter outlining your reasons for your interest in the role, as well as details of your current salary and benefits package to Claire Bernhardsen, HR Consultant on Claire.Bernhardsen@LMALloyds.com.
No recruitment agencies please. CV's sent on a speculative basis by a supplier do not equate to an agency introduction and/or ownership of candidates.