Claims Operating Advisory Group
The Claims Operating Advisory Group (COAG) consists of representatives from managing agencies who have responsibility for the day to day operational activities within their agency. The group works closely with the Head of Sector group and reports directly to the LMA Claims Committee.
The chair of the group is Andy Stevenson, Hiscox
Role of the Group
Primarily, the role of the Group is to:
- Provide a representative forum which allows, where appropriate, discussion of common issues and concerns across all business classes
- Take the lead to identify and investigate related issues with an objective of producing solutions for the benefit of the market in general
- Co-ordinate market feedback for Lloyd's and other LMA committees as appropriate
- Advise and provide feedback to the LMA Claims Committee (LMACC) where operational issues concerning the claims environment have a wider implication to the market.
- Expert Management - to develop a proposal to record and analyse expert spend
- Sanctions screening for claims payments - to develop a proposal to ensure the Lloyd's market is compliant with regulatory requirements of screening claims payments.
- TPA Management - sharing performance information, audit reports/costs and general approach to oversight.
- Small Settlements - robotics to automate routine claims processes, reducing cost and improving speed of response.